Net carbs 2.5 gr fat 13 gr protein 7 gr Cal 160
prep time 10 minutes cook time 15 minutes servings 4 ppl
2 oz cream cheese
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
1 egg beaten
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/3 cup almond flour
2 tbsp bakig powder
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- as usual preheat your oven to 425 F and then melt the cream cheese and mozzarella in a small bowl. about 20 seconds should be enough for that until it’s melted.
- now, take a separate bowl and whisk the egg until it’s nicely beaten. add the dry ingredients and mix it well.
- work in the mozzarella mixture, it will be sticky. stir in the cheddar cheese before you spoon the dough onto a plastic wrap and dust the top of it with almond flour. fold the wrap over the dough and gently start working into a ball. (the plastic wrap will keep your hands from being sticky)
- place the ball into your fridge for about 30 minutes.
- cut the ball into 4 pieces. roll each section into a ball and then cut that ball in half. This is your top and bottom bun!
- Sit cut side down on parchment paper or very well greased baking sheet. I prefer parchment cause it’s less dishes.
Then bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and set up.
Now feel free to make it a “sausage mc muffin”; add a sausage patty, some cheese, lettuce and enjoy your probably ‘first bread in months’
You can also use it as a pizza dough if you feel a caving for some pizza if you like.